Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Can we post here where, Mfg, model, contact info for custom wheels in 20 inch in our lug pattern 5 x 150 mm.

I am ordering a Crewmmax Limited and can't decide on the BBS wheels or save the money and get Chrome aftermarket 20's. I need to decide soon because my dealer is ordering my truck.

I found these from MKW M-58

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just thought about something, Do you have to buy new tire pressure valve stems or can you use the ones from the stock wheels?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
When I upgraded my rims I was told I had to replace the sensors because I had the "styled steel rims" If I had the standard steel rims I could have reused the sensors. Dont know why but that's what I was told.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I upgraded my rims I was told I had to replace the sensors because I had the "styled steel rims" If I had the standard steel rims I could have reused the sensors. Dont know why but that's what I was told.

I thought they unscrew and you can mount them in another rim?? Are their different types of tire pressure monitors used?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I thought they unscrew and you can mount them in another rim?? Are their different types of tire pressure monitors used?
Apparently there are two different styles used and I got unlucky. Ask your dealer to be sure. $135.00 each

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently there are two different styles used and I got unlucky. Ask your dealer to be sure.
Thanks, Those tire pressure monitors are a pain in the @$$.:)

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Thanks, Those tire pressure monitors are a pain in the @$$.:)
If you are having the dealer install your new 20" rims as part of your initial purchase then they should install the correct TPMS before you take delivery and you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Another option is to forget about the sensors and just check your tires the old fashoned way.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are having the dealer install your new 20" rims as part of your initial purchase then they should install the correct TPMS before you take delivery and you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Another option is to forget about the sensors and just check your tires the old fashoned way.
Will the truck alarm inside or light flash on the dash without the sensors installed? I'm good with the old fashioned way..:tu:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zinik Z14 Ferara, I like this one...I like Open lug type center caps, but we don't have too many styles to choose from...:cool:

From Tire Rack, they say you need to buy tire pressure sensors:

TRW 315MHZ SENSOR
$420.00 for a quantity of 4

TPMS NUT
$12.00 for a quantity of 4

Total Price: $432.00

That's $309.00 x 4 = $1,236. 00 + $432.00 = $1,672.00 Wheels
Tires Michelin LTX 255/60R20 $219.00 x 4 = $876.00 Tires

Total = $2,548.00

Tire pressure sensors jack the price way up...:eek:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Great post idea... I have nothing constructive to add other than that... sorry... sticky anyone? :tu:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great post idea... I have nothing constructive to add other than that... sorry... sticky anyone? :tu:
That's all I could find so far that I like..:tu:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tried to post pics of wheels on the truck from Tire Rack, kept posting the same pic..won't let me select another tire wheel combo to post??

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Will the truck alarm inside or light flash on the dash without the sensors installed? I'm good with the old fashioned way..:tu:
I'm not sure how to disable the TPMS light but I'm sure it can be done.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hey,

Can we post here where, Mfg, model, contact info for custom wheels in 20 inch in our lug pattern 5 x 150 mm.

I am ordering a Crewmmax Limited and can't decide on the BBS wheels or save the money and get Chrome aftermarket 20's. I need to decide soon because my dealer is ordering my truck.

I found these from MKW M-58

what site did you see these wheels on??

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sure how to disable the TPMS light but I'm sure it can be done.
I know in a Ford Expedition you can't disable the light because it is built into the programming in the computer. That sucked...

Any Toyota tech guys on the forum know the answer??

·
Registered
877 Posts
this is good advice, if the aftermarket wheels are not hub centric, makes sure they comes with hub centric rings, the factory wheels 20's are hub centric. this makes the wheel turn true around the hub( no shaking) if it is balanced well. most aftermarket wheels for the tundra will be lug centric( centered around the lug) if the wheel is not true, it's a nightmare.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
this is good advice, if the aftermarket wheels are not hub centric, makes sure they comes with hub centric rings, the factory wheels 20's are hub centric. this makes the wheel turn true around the hub( no shaking) if it is balanced well. most aftermarket wheels for the tundra will be lug centric( centered around the lug) if the wheel is not true, it's a nightmare.
good point and advice...:tu: :tu:

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you order upgraded wheels from dealer shouldn't you get a discount for the tires it comes with?

My TSS package include 20" chrome rims, chrome step, upgraded tires and split rear window was 3500.00 less 1000.00 wheel credit, starting to sound like pretty good deal if you like the TRD stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts