Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Crewmax Limited with the stock 20"s. Ive read somewhere that these wont work on my truck because of different TPMS? Is that true? Found a set, that I was interested in..

Thanks.

·
Registered
655 Posts
if they dont work,just flip the sensor around "its called floating the sensor" we do it all the time.

·
Registered
797 Posts
if they dont work,just flip the sensor around "its called floating the sensor" we do it all the time.
Are u serious!:eek:
knowing this before would have saveed me some cash!

oh, and to make it worse, I forgot to get the serial numbers from the new sensors:eek:, so I have to pay to get the tires taken off again and pay $100 to get the new sensors set up at the steralership.

But enough about me lol yes your sensors will still work, the only change is when ur coming form steel wheels.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Are u serious!:eek:
knowing this before would have saveed me some cash!

oh, and to make it worse, I forgot to get the serial numbers from the new sensors:eek:, so I have to pay to get the tires taken off again and pay $100 to get the new sensors set up at the steralership.

But enough about me lol yes your sensors will still work, the only change is when ur coming form steel wheels.
ouch!!sorry to hear that,damn near every set of a/m wheels i sell need floating sensors.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Just make yourself a pressurized plastic pipe and pop all your sensors into it behind the seat. Ends all the TPMS nonsense forever. :tu:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i would have to take the sensors off the old wheels? I cannot use the new sensors off the new set?

·
Registered
797 Posts
so i would have to take the sensors off the old wheels? I cannot use the new sensors off the new set?
If both the old and new sensors are 20degree sensors (those found in all factory tundra wheels, except steel, those have 40 degree), then theres no point in switching. Keep the old ones and install them on ur new set of wheels. That way u wont have to pay at the dealer to reflash the new sensors or else ur gonna have that annoying tire pressure light

·
Registered
848 Posts
i personally did this on my (now former)07 tundra limited it had the limited 20's and i put the carved wheels on it i belive i was the first to do this on this forum i had no problems and never had the tpms light come on in the 47K that i had the truck.. i wish i kept the carved wheels for my new truck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet, yea i found a set with tires and sensors already on just taken off another truck,
just wondering if i could just throw those on, instead of having to take the sensors off
the limted 20s and on those. which would be too much work.

·
Registered
848 Posts
your better off using your original sensors because the other sensors will still need to be programed and removed to get the serial #'s for programing as another member stated

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Are you sure they need to be removed to program them? I had my wheels and tires swapped from my old truck to my new truck, and my light has not come on.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
PPO: For vehicles with steel and styled steel wheels. PPO includes 4 tires (order thru Dealer Tire), 4 wheels, 4 TPMS, and 4 sets of lug nuts PT533-3407B (1 set equals 5), 1 B-Pillar label 00107-00399 (MDC Order). DIO: 5 -Spoke Styled Steel wheels require TPMS change (42607-0C050 TPMS/04423-0C170 Fit Kit as required); steel wheel reuse factory TPMS; alloy wheel reuse factory TPMS. Recommended tire size P275/55R20 is noted on the installation instructions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts