Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member and have a question for the Tundra experts out there. I have an opportunity to buy a set of 20 inch aluminum rims from the owner of a 4 X 4 2007 Tundra Limited. Tires/rims pulled when purchased new. I have a 2010 4 X 2 with 18 inch aluminum rims. Are there any issues in going to a 20 inch rim? any issues with the accuracy of the speedometer? Just a newbie with basic questions. Thanks

·
Registered
681 Posts
No issuse going to the 20". The size of the tires, if larger/smaller than what you have now, will effect the speedo tho.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
On a related note, come replacement time, tires for 20in rims typically cost more than those for 18s. Not sure how fresh a noob you are, but it's just something to keep in mind.:happy3d:

·
Registered
62 Posts
The speedo will change by 2 mph if you go with a slightly taller tire like a 33 inch tire vs. the stock 32 inch. Tire pressure sensors should transfer over with no problems. I think the perfect size tire for the 20 inch wheels on these trucks is 33 inches (without lift) and the tire specs are 275/60R/20. The stock 275/55/20 are just too small in my opinion for a truck. Your torque will be reduced slightly with a larger tire and gas mileage will go down maybe 1 mpg due to each tire weighing about 7 pounds more than the stock tires, but it looks really nice having a 33 inch tall tire on the 20's. Get the 275/60R/20 and you will love them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts