Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Vegas this weekend and took the Tundra. I filled up right before getting on the freeway. Traffic was light there but heavy on the way back. With A/C driving around 70 mph, I did an average of 20.4.

On the way back, I hit a lot of traffic. I drove w/ the A/C the majority of the time. I hit a 19.9 mpg average. Each way, I drove over 300 miles. I took pics from the trip back.

When I fill up, I'll calculate to see if the trip computer is accurate.

Woot! I love the Tundra!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
oh gawd....here we go again.....has it even been a full week since a gas mileage thread????

·
Registered
186 Posts
oh gawd....here we go again.....has it even been a full week since a gas mileage thread????
Man, Barney maybe Andy should give you a bullet. Did you always dream of being a wet blanket IF you ever grew up?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Dave, that's great. What model Tundra do you have?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Man, Barney maybe Andy should give you a bullet. Did you always dream of being a wet blanket IF you ever grew up?
That's about as cool as this thread......
I don't think I could get 20 mpg driving downhill with the wind behind me! Good for you though

·
Registered
457 Posts
I went to Vegas this weekend and took the Tundra. I filled up right before getting on the freeway. Traffic was light there but heavy on the way back. With A/C driving around 70 mph, I did an average of 20.4.

On the way back, I hit a lot of traffic. I drove w/ the A/C the majority of the time. I hit a 19.9 mpg average. Each way, I drove over 300 miles. I took pics from the trip back.

When I fill up, I'll calculate to see if the trip computer is accurate.

Woot! I love the Tundra!!
2wd or 4wd?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
that is what dreams are made of... 20mpg.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
if your truck is a 5.7 i highly doubt that u can get 20mpg. yah i can get about 350miles per tank but i only average 16 maybe 17 if im lucky. i already can see where this thread is going hahah

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
if your truck is a 5.7 i highly doubt that u can get 20mpg. yah i can get about 350miles per tank but i only average 16 maybe 17 if im lucky. i already can see where this thread is going hahah
yup. right where the other hundred gas mileage threads have gone.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
I love these threads Barney..... Then I get to tell my 54mpg story again :D. Although with the more aggressive tires and cap, I only get about 27mpg now. This of course is on a 5 mile stretch from my house down to the next road and is almost ALL down hill, where I get 99.9 mpg most of the way......

·
Registered
134 Posts
i dont think my truck will ever live the day of getting 20 mpg......i think the most i could ever get is 16

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I got about 13mpg pulling a small enclosed trailer from San Diego to KC a couple weeks ago. On the way back, I got 19.2, verified with my receipts, on three consecutive fill ups whlie driving back from Dallas. I know it's not super accurate since I didn't fill up at the exact same location each time, but better than I expected. Once I hit mountains, it dropped, but on the flatlands of Texas it was pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Only had the 5.7 Crewmax 4x4 a week but the 1st tank with mixed in-town/highway average was 15.1. Second tank was mostly highway at about 70mph with one acceleration to 91mph passing cars. Average for 300 mile trip was 17.3. I was running the A/C and the temperature range outside was 98 to 106 degrees. maybe in another 15-20K miles it will improve on long trips. It does better in mixed driving than my '04 4.7 DC 4x4 (13-15)did but not as well yet on long trips where I got 17-20mpg.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I got 17-18 mpg at 70 - 75 mph on a 1200 mile trip to northern California and back last weekend. I was one of those that thought I was at 12 mpg no matter what... did the actual math and found out this truck does pretty good compared to what I thought.

Barney, you need to grow up and stay out of threads that you don't like to read. Your posts are getting old and predictable. If you don't care about the mileage... right on... shut the **** up already!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I got 17-18 mpg at 70 - 75 mph on a 1200 mile trip to northern California and back last weekend. I was one of those that thought I was at 12 mpg no matter what... did the actual math and found out this truck does pretty good compared to what I thought.

Barney, you need to grow up and stay out of threads that you don't like to read. Your posts are getting old and predictable. If you don't care about the mileage... right on... shut the **** up already!
I guess he should follow you as a good example of a grown up.......

1 - 20 of 40 Posts