Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this truck last year and really did not use it . i would normally do the belt myself but we were moving to SC and i did not have time. So i had it done. i noticed it ran well, idles fine but it has no power over 4000 rpm...like it falls flat, no pull at all after 4k.. the belt has about 3000 miles since being done
i pulled the covers and i see the the belt is timed to the T marks on the cams and 0 on the damper
my truck is an early 2000, it had both the straight line and the T markings on the cam
i looked over a bunch of places last night and there is no clear answer
i watched videos and looked on here and a few other tundra sites...
please help
should i follow the 1a video and what this looks to be?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
If the belt was off wouldnt it run like crap no matter what the rpm's are? Wouldnt losing power on the top end be more indicative off a fuel problem? Its a 20 year old truck, hows the fuel pump?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i pulled the belt off and replaced it with a new one, timing it correctly and it runs full song now. ..of course now i have a damaged converter it appears since it was timed wring

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but in doing the job i lost a vacuum line and cannot find it ....ugh the one with the clamp that goes on the air intake...looked everywhere and cannot find it

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should clean the the "Throttle Body" and the sensor inside the air intake housing with a proper cleaners that you can get at auto parts store. Also, check to make sure that the throttle action moves and properly senses the electrical sensor on the throttle body. I had to replace the throttle sensor motor on my 2002 4.7 liter V8.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the belt was off. they timed it to 0 on the balancer and T on the cams.i pulled the cat off and it looked ok for one with 235k on it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts