Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tearing apart your dash certainly qualifies for "above and beyond the call" Stone_Blue. Thanks for looking. If however, the photo I posted is indeed my keyless entry ECU, and the green dot is the reset button... the big remaining question is... What do you have to do to push the button for the reset? I've gotten a small jewelers screw driver up there, and (I think) pushed pretty hard on that green dot to no avail. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tearing apart your dash certainly qualifies for "above and beyond the call" Stone_Blue. Thanks for looking. If however, the photo I posted is indeed my keyless entry ECU, and the green dot is the reset button... the big remaining question is... What do you have to do to push the button for the reset? I've gotten a small jewelers screw driver up there, and (I think) pushed pretty hard on that green dot to no avail. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Well I guess the real question is "are you sure that pushing the green button didn't do anything?" Just because you didn't feel it doesn't mean that it didn't work. Plus I would try with something smaller like paper clip.

I have the same issue with the fob and got the same after market from ebay. I abandon my quest to reprogram and the key fob is in my pocket. I would be following this thread. make to update if you complete the task.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2000 Tundra Limited. I found mine up above and to the left the fuse box. (Same side as parking brake.) Had to remove a lot of "stuff" to get to it. How I found it was to follow the wiring from the 'Status monitor' back to the ECU. I had to remove the small panel that the status monitor light fixture is clipped into to be able to see the ECU. THEN, I have reach up in there and twist it around to see the little button (green colored) you have to push for 3 seconds. It Worked. Programmed the remote. If more info needed, let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found it! It's not where anyone said it would be. It was tucked into the underside of the dash to the right of the gas pedal. It wasn't attached in any way, just shoved in. I had to peel back some of the foam to access the green button. Apparently you need to program all remotes in the same session, that is, before you turn the key to the off position. Press the green button until the alarm light on dash lights up, then press the button on the alarm. Repeat for all remotes.

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts