Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 tacoma that wont start. it just clicks at the starter. I pulled the starter and had it rebuilt put it back in and stills clicks replaced the battery still clicks check starter relay still good. check every connection and plug under the hood getting the same volt at battery and starter. Checked every fuse under hood finnally i pulled the ignition fuse (7.5) on the inside it was fine after putting the fuse back i checked one more time and it started after sitting for a month. i drove it a little over the next two weeks then it did it again wont start done the same thing with the fuse still wont start. this time i just shock the battery cable had a loose one and it started again (just once) i replaced the loose terminal and it still just clicks. its been a week now without starting.the only other thing that is weird is when i have my key in the ignition with the door open the bell doesnt ding unless i push on the fuse box sometimes the bell stays on and ohter time it goes off if im not pushing on the fuse box. anyway it still wont start just clicks. does anyone have any suggestions on what my problem might be?????

·
Registered
252 Posts
do you have a volt meter?" ( can get one as cheep as $5 at harbor freight)

1. measure from chassis ground to the + terminal of the battery better be above 13 volts
2. now measure on the big cable at the starter motor to chassis ground with someone turning the key should be the same voltage

if no volt meter turn your headlights on, and try and start, the lights should grow less bright.

right off my head starter solenoid, start switch, corroded wire or bad crimp

and did you just look at the fuse or measure it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The starter solenoid was replaced when i had the starter rebuilt but i will check the other things you suggested

1 - 3 of 3 Posts