Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Toyota Tundra 2UZ-FE thru 4/00 swap to 5/00 ?

Hey Everyone,

Name is Eddie im a soon to be toyota tundra owner. Im new to TS but not new to car forums. Im on several lancer/evo x car forums so I know how things go. I did a search for this but couldnt find a solid answer so here it goes...

My uncle bought a 2000 Toyota Tundra V8 with 125k miles on it working AC straight body clear title (about a year ago) for 5,500. He bought it from a friend, his friend was driving it to him to deliver it and the engine blew (dont know the details) well his friend said a "deal is a deal" and paid for an engine from a junk yard to be installed at no charge.

My dad (his bro) and I have been using it off and on to deliver stuff for my new house, move etc. Truck runs great, v8 is awesome, we both fell in love with the truck.

Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago, uncle tells us hes selling the truck for 4800-5200 just doesnt want it anymore. Tells us hes taking it to a potential buyer who wants to see how it handles pulling his boat (no biggie right ?) ....

...well yea guy loaded it up and got on her hard... blew the engine, truck was over heating and i guess the moron didnt back down ...he gave my uncle 1k for the damage...I havent looked at the engine yet, not sure its worth paying someone to rebuild it, id rather drop a new engine in it because imo they are cheap.

So thats the story, my uncle is now selling me the truck as is for 1k. Do you guys think its worth investing in this truck for 1k ? like i said prior the truck was solid AC cold transmission smooth, interior decent.

what i need to know is what are the differences between the

2UZ-FE thru 4/00 and after 5/00 ? I see the 5/00 engine is much more common and cheaper , I would like to get this engine in the truck. The first step I need to do is find out what engine the original owner put in it before my uncle got it (my uncle is a noob so i doubt he has paperwork).

Can i tell what engine (4/00 or 5/00 and on) was put on it by the serial number stamped on the block ?

Thanks , now back to looking around at all the useful information on this forum!

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
For 1K i'll come and take it tonight :) cash Engine ~$500 any 2Uzefe will fit up until 2004 VVTI version. For 1K with blown engine you could part it out on craiglist for ~3K within two months :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Only difference is if they have the iforce e-throttle or the cable throttle. You swap the upper intake as needed. For $1k if it was within a two hour drive kid be there cash in hand. I know of two good running 4.7s sitting at fair prices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts