Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While replacing my alternator yesterday, I screwed up, and forgot to disconnect the plug for the regulator and ended up ripping all of the wires out of the plug. I know I have S, IG, and L wired for the plug, know what each of the colors should be for the pins, but I have not been able to find anything definitive on the order of the plug for each wire. Neither my plug or the alternator have any markings on them (1,2,3 or letters) for orientation. Does anyone know the order (starting from or closest to the main Battery Terminal, B+) of the wires so I can wire in a new pigtail.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

so can I take that as the wires on the plug will follow the same order that is on the diagram?? so the "S(white)" wire is closest to the battery terminal, then the "IG" in the middle, then the "L(yellow/green)". Just want to make sure....

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
Thanks,

so can I take that as the wires on the plug will follow the same order that is on the diagram?? so the "S(white)" wire is closest to the battery terminal, then the "IG" in the middle, then the "L(yellow/green)". Just want to make sure....
It should, but need to take a pic before confirming.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
when looking at the plug with the clip tongue facing you the Y-G (pin 1) wire is on the left, the B-Y (pin 2) is in the middle and the W (pin 3) is on the right.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.