Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 tundra, trd, limited a few months ago from a friend of mine who got a new tundra. This hood latch problem has been bugging me. Every time I open my hood the latch sticks, its not really a problem because I dont need to open the hood that much, but when i go to shut it, i have to push the lever that connects to the spring that releases the hood back into place to shut it. I did not know if others had seen this and how to fix it, its not really a big deal, I was just wondering. Any help would be great, thanks

Matt

·
Registered
104 Posts
Keep trying to grease or oil it. I lived with mine for about 4 years like that until I traded the truck. The new assembly is expensive. I bought a cheap leatherman style pair of foldable pliers to keep in the truck and grab the wire to feed it back towards the firewall in order to open the latch up by the lock at the front of the truck.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I had/have the same issue on my 2004 but only for the past 6 months or so.

Just last weekend I sprayed the cable down where it exits the housing at the front of the truck, with 656 and kept on working the latch at the dash but it still kept on sticking.

I finally put some waterproof grease on the end of a screwdriver and wiped it onto the cable and kept working the latch again and enough grease got in and on the cable so no more sticking.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help, i greased it and it seems to be helping for now, but i am throwing a pair of pliers in the glove box just in case... thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts