Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2000 Tundra Limited 4.7L 4WD. It threw code P0161 which I know is the Bank 2, Sensor 2 O2 sensor. I'm planning to replace both the rear/downstream #2 sensors, but I'm finding conflicting info in some of the threads on which Denso's to buy.

Do I need two Denso 234-4162?

Thanks!
I purchased two Denso 234-4162 Oxygen Sensor from Amazon (OE STYLE, DENSO IS THE OE MANUFACTURER, OXYGEN SENSOR). I replaced the Bank 2, Sensor 2 O2 sensor (rear passenger side) first following some suggestions found in the forum (e.g. used anti-sieze on the gasket and threads, torqued nuts to recommendation). After a few miles the check engine light was no longer illuminated. I checked for codes and the P0161 was stored in memory. I reset it. I later replaced the rear driver side sensor. There wasn't quite as much working space on this side, but it was by no means difficult (just couldn't use my torque wrench). The wire length was correct on both sides, maybe just a little long on the passenger side but not long enough that I needed to do anything special. After a few hundred miles, all is well. Thanks to all that post helpful info on these forums!

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a psa I had to replace my bank 2 sensor two about a month ago i leaned a valuable lesson on not to buy oem from the dealer.
when I got the sensor the wire was to short to plug back into its harness secured to the trans mount so i had to zip tie it above on the heat shielding of the trans mount buy aftermarket because oem will run a "universal fit" for all 2000-2006 Toyota tundras which only really fits 2003-2006.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts