Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 access cab 4.7 L
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to install a new water inlet assembly and I have a question regarding the use or not of the RTV sealant.
My new water inlet assembly as already in the grove a sick sealant bed (see picture) do I still need to add some RTV sealant and if yes where around the outside perimeter, outside perimeter, on top of the existing sealant, not sure where if needed.
Revolver Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Muffler Exhaust system

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Chappy,
It is recommended to use a solvent with no residue, should I use a can of electric part aerosol cleaner that stated “no residue” or do you have something else in mind?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I keep a bottle of 90% rubbing alcohol in the shop and after I get a surface clean by using brake cleaner, scraping and even fine grit sandpaper I give it a final wipe with the rubbing alcohol. I also give new surfaces a wipe to remove any oil on the part. Don't wipe that sealant that is already on the new part. Chap
Thank you Chappy for the advice and instructions. Now I can move on. Getting there slowly.
Now I am having a hard time trying to remove the ECT sensor connector to replace the ECT .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Chappy for the advice and instructions. Now I can move on. Getting there slowly.
Now I am having a hard time trying to remove the ECT sensor connector to replace the ECT .
Got the ECT sensor connector removed. The tab was broken, missing and it was stuck so bad I had to use plier. Torqued it at 15 Ft/lbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts