Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:embarrassed3d:Hi. I am new at this, so i hope I am doing it correctly. I am looking for information about my 2000 Tundra throttle positioning sensor. The symptom started several months ago, and comes and goes regularly. Pushing the gas pedal has no effect on throttle until it almost reaches the floor. Then it becomes much harder to push, but finally accelerates drastically. The check engine light accompanies the problem. Cruise control won't engage when symptom is present. I am zeroing in on the TPS. Is there a variety of resources for the part(s), and a vareity of qualities and prices? The prior posts sound like it isn't difficult to change, but is some calibration required after replacement? I will be happy to get any assistance you can offer. Thanks, tom1

·
Registered
3 Posts
:embarrassed3d:Hi. I am new at this, so i hope I am doing it correctly. I am looking for information about my 2000 Tundra throttle positioning sensor. The symptom started several months ago, and comes and goes regularly. Pushing the gas pedal has no effect on throttle until it almost reaches the floor. Then it becomes much harder to push, but finally accelerates drastically. The check engine light accompanies the problem. Cruise control won't engage when symptom is present. I am zeroing in on the TPS. Is there a variety of resources for the part(s), and a vareity of qualities and prices? The prior posts sound like it isn't difficult to change, but is some calibration required after replacement? I will be happy to get any assistance you can offer. Thanks, tom1
Tom, did you ever get it fix and how??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts