Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 toyota tundra SR5 V6 I Just replaced timing belt and water pump. New spark plugs in all cylinders and plug wires on cylinders 2,4 and 6. started up fine drove 200 miles washed engine started truck next day to warm up started ran for 5 mins then just shut off. truck cranks over and fires but dies immediately. Code pops up P1300.swapped 3 coil packs to different cylinder to see if i can isolate the problem, installed new cam position sensor, new crank position sensor confirm fuel pressure & electrical spark Checked all vac hoses and electrical wires and plugs let motor dry out for three days any help would be great thanks.

· Registered
2,619 Posts
any ideas?
i did a little google search and the only thing i came up with sounded like a problem in the wiring harness on a tacoma

· Registered
1,365 Posts
I think the water did something. I will admit I love the look of a clean engine bay but I have always had troubles in the past with water in the engine bay. Back in the day I used to always get water in my rotor cap and then once I shorted a alternator and I just quit doing that and live with the dust. I have used a hose a few times but just on the upper control arms from above because of a ton of mud. Sounds electrical, have you checked all your fuses inside and outside? Check the fusable links too.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hay thanks for the ideas
Italiantundra88 I will check the wiring harness
And 5 speed I know I am usually pretty careful washing in there and have never had any problems before but there’s a first for every thing and I have checked all the fuses inside and outside still nothing.

· Registered
301 Posts
I tested the engine when I did the t belt and it did the same thing. Fired, ran for three seconds and died. I didn't have the alternator belt on. Check yours.

I wash my engines with engine running and hot. I avoid direct stream on the electronics, but leave the engine on after I'm done to allow for some drying.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks silet I will check the alt belt pretty sure I put it back on because I drove about 200 miles after the timing belt change. But I will look at the obvious because it could have broke after. Thanks for the info. Anybody have any other ideas? Its been about 1 week now and the truck still wont start I have checked the wire harness for any short circuits and cant see any problems. Does anybody know of any way to isolate a short circuit as far as testing? I have check ohms resistant in all coil packs and injectors, cam sensor, crank sensor, plugs and gaps just about anything you can think of for the last week except for not finding the problem thanks in advance for anymore ideas.

· Registered
6 Posts
I also have a p1300 on my 2000 V8 Tundra and can't figure it out. Engine light comes on than goes off sometimes. Truck runs fine and then rough. An intermiitant problem - the worst kind to diagnose. I have had codes before for O2 sensors and cylinder misfires which alwasy ended up being corrected by coil packs and plugs. Never had this one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.