Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am working on a 2000 tundra v6 with just overs 100k miles. The truck is getting random misfires and indicates all Odd cyl as misfiring., 1,3,5.
Using an innova scanner I did record live playback data. This issue seems strange to me.
Pulled the old plugs and they were the factory denso plugs and quite worn. Replaced with NGK plugs. No change.
Misfire under load at Idle. Idle is very rough.
Noted the following and have question about it.
During cruise speed of appx 50mph listing the rear o2 sensor voltage at 3.325v and rear was only .025v.
I performed a O2 check on the rear sensor and it states min voltage of .010 and max of .800v.
Is this normal on Toyotas?
Also on Toyota what can cause all odd cylinders to misfire at the same time? Am I looking in the right direction as far as O2 sensors go? I'm helping a person out on this truck whom is out of work and really can't afford to just throw parts at it.
Thanks for any advice or insight you may have.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I got my 01 V6 last March, but had no misfires. The plugs were shot and replaced them NGK and the engine ran fine. I didn't change the wires yet, but noticed that there are three coils that provide spark to the opposite side cylinder. Maybe it needs new wires?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, saw that too when I changed the plugs. I'm going to go back and look and see if I've got it down to just one. I heard that it now is only indicating 300 and 301. If that's the case I'm going to swap the coils around and see if it follows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts