Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new here first time posting.... I was monstering through some brush the other day and the 3 wires that are on the back of the tranfer case passenger side pulled out.. There are 3 holes... Can anyone point me in the right direction on what wires go in what holes??? I have a pink/blu and black/yellow and a blue/yellow... the harness is right near where the rear drive line comes out of the transfer case.... I assume this has something to do with the speedometer as it quit working as well... I purchased a new harness but the colors on the new harness do not match up.. Any help on this issue would be great...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Brand new here first time posting.... I was monstering through some brush the other day and the 3 wires that are on the back of the tranfer case passenger side pulled out.. There are 3 holes... Can anyone point me in the right direction on what wires go in what holes??? I have a pink/blu and black/yellow and a blue/yellow... the harness is right near where the rear drive line comes out of the transfer case.... I assume this has something to do with the speedometer as it quit working as well... I purchased a new harness but the colors on the new harness do not match up.. Any help on this issue would be great...
This is on a 2001 Tundra

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
You should subscribe online to the Toyota tech site for a day or a month to get access to the wiring manuals for your vehicle.

Even of it doesnt help with the colors, the name/voltage of the signal might help with a multimeter in determining what it must be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Here's a couple of screen shots from the FSM electrical diagram. Based on the colors you mention, the wires could be for the vehicle speed sensor. Take some pics and post them up.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a couple of screen shots from the FSM electrical diagram. Based on the colors you mention, the wires could be for the vehicle speed sensor. Take some pics and post them up.

So here are pics of the new pigtail that I got.... And a pic of the wires and where they go on the transfer case... The holes are labeled 1 2 3 but you can see the wires that are pre installed are not color coded...I tried red to pink/blue and yellow to Black/yellow and the blue to blue/yellow and it didnt work..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
mortimermortensen
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing