Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure a similiar question has been posted but I've decided to ask for some advice on this fantastic website.

I just purchased a mint 2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited w/108,000 miles on it. My local Credit Union has offered me a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty on it for $1180. Do any of you think this is a good deal? It's a Bronze Protection Plan through the Mercury Insurance Gp.

http://www.mckennainsurance.com/Mercury-Mechanical-Breakdown-Brochure.pdf

I've never purchased one for any of my vehicles because I mainly by used Toyota with 100,000+ miles on them. So when I was asked this I was really surprised. I know Sequoia's & Tundras have issues with the exhaust manifolds ticking, etc but I'm not sure if $1180 is worth it or if the plan would completly cover me if I needed to use it?

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I wouldn't bother with it. Put the money towards needed preventative maintenance, and you should be fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback Big-o

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I bought my 2001 Sequoia it had 132,000 and the dealer tried hard to get me to buy for $2500 but I held out.
In 6 months I've put on 25,000 so it would not have been a good buy.
Thy also tried to sell me a tire warranty for $500
I only reason that I would get one is if I know that there is some thing wrong when you bought it.
One time my grandma bought a car with a really bad noise in the top end and she ask me if she should buy one, I did not want to fix it so told to get it, she paid $500 and 2 months later it paid $2000 to get it fixed.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts