Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI
My brother has a 2001 Tacoma crew cab and found the frame rusted through just above where the leaf spring attached to the frame.
He took the truck to Toyota, showed them the rust. They offered $10k trade in on a new truck or replace the frame.
He went for the frame replacement and they gave him a loaner till the work was done. It took about 2 weeks for him to get the truck back.

2/28/10 The dealer didn't offer $10K. The frame replacement/repair was "valued" at $10K, and the items mentioned by seamatt were also replaced with the frame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a new frame put on my '01 as well, bout a month ago. Dealership did a pretty good job, and it rides like a new truck (as it should...). But it's not a bad deal, gettin a new frame, springs, brake and fuel lines, control arms, etc for free...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Got my letter yesterday. Toyota won't do diddley for me or anyone with an address west of the Mississippi. I live in Missouri but have friends and family in Kentucky and Illinois. I guess I won't be going home for the holidays. Like rust don't happen in Missouri? I should have complained when I drove off and the back half of the frame on my '72 Land Cruiser stayed hooked to the trailer ball or when the rear bumper on the '95 T100 rusted through. It is nice to hear that Toyota is replacing frames on some but why let it get that bad! Is it just me or shouldn't all 1st Gen. Tacomas get the treatment?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steering is tight and responsive, tires are in great shape with no unusual wear, does not shimmy or shake but when driving in a single lane, you have to make tiny corrections left and right with the wheel and you can tell it wants to drift left or right while driving. Does not pull to one side or the other.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On Monday 9/13/10, I took my 2001 Tacoma back to the dealer where I bought it brand new. They immediately put me in a 2010 Tacoma and ordered a replacement frame the same day. My frame was almost completely rotten at two suspension points....one in the front and one in the back. I could fit my fist through the back one. I was informed that there is no buy back being offered on 2001-2004.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts