Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I come seeking advise and wisdom. I bought my daughter a 2001 Tacoma Xtra Cab PreRunner. It has/had some issues we have been addressing. Last one we are having a problem figuring out is there is a vibration that happens when it gets pretty close to 25mph then levels out after about 30mph. My mechanic believed it was a drive shaft issue. So the universal joints front and back were rebuilt, didn’t solve the problem. I live in South Carolina and there is a business in Spartanburg SC, Carolina Driveline, whose business is pretty much working on nothing but driveshafts. Took it to them and they rebuilt the double cardan joint because nobody else would touch it. They ended up having to cut off the side towards the engine and weld on a new one as they found a crack in it. They have a lathe type machine they put it in to balance it so I picked it up yesterday, almost looked brand new. Mechanic put it back in today and said it’s still doing the same thing except he mentioned 35mph. So... any thoughts on if they are doing something wrong or are they looking in the wrong place? Again thoughts and wisdom please. Also take it easy on me as the boss is none to happy to hear the news that her daughters new to her truck is not fixed.... yet. Thanks for any help anybody can provide and say a prayer for us.

*Edit.
The carrier bearing has also been replaced.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts