Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
This is my first post. I own a 2001 Toyota Sequoia with 217,000 miles in great condition. The other day, when a snow storm hit, I went to use my 4WD and it would not engage. So I decided to look into it further. I saw a post that said to spray the actuator with WD40 and give it a slight tap. I did this with no luck, as the 4WD will still not engage. I then decided to check the fuses, as it is a 13 year old vehicle. Every fuse looked almost brand new so i knew this couldn't be the problem. The VSC OFF, VSC TRAC, Emergency brake, and ABS lights are also on in the front. I was wondering if any of you happened to have some ideas on what the problem could be. Any advice is highly appreciated. Thank You

·
Registered
66 Posts
My 2002 is slow to engage when it is -10 degrees and even harder to disengage...the orange differential light blinks. But it does work. The VSC/Trac lights on the other hand are not uncommon. There are threads here that can tell you more accurately than I can. It's one of the common problems and potentially an expensive fix, though it should not affect your 4wd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently tried to shift my 2004 into 4 wheel drive by pushing the 4WD switch. The indicator light flashes green and the 4 4WD lights illuminate. When trying to switch back to 2WD, the indicator light continues to flash green, and the 4 4WD lights go out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts