Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on my way home from work today, just crusin with the windows down, and came to an intersection where this Chevy 5.3L with Flowmaster Exhaust pulls out in front of me.

I didn't really care because I just switched to the middle lane and went past him. No biggie, it's Friday!

Anyway, he floors it to catch back up to me, and I assume with the way he was riding along side, wanted to showoff???

At first, I was hesitant and didn't want to take the risk. But, then I thought its Friday, who cares.

So, I gave a little gas and all of a sudden I hear the roar of his flowmasters kick in and I was like damn, he really wants to go! So, I floored it too and it took a second to break away, but as time went by I was pulling away from him! So, my reaction was damn after all these years my truck has still got it!

However, this was from a rolling start (about 35-40 mph). I don't know what the outcome would have been from a stop??

Anyway, I just thought I'd let everyone know that my 2001 Tundra with K&N intake and 73,000 miles took down a 2005- 06 Chevy 5.3L with flowmaster exhaust.

Has anyone else have stories of victory?

·
Registered
655 Posts
of course we do,i drive a 5.7,so i have tons!!lol.but every time we try and talk about them,they close the thread down.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
My budy has a 00' 1500 with the 5.3L, and that thing is a dog on the freeway, it will never catch out trucks!!

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Iv done the same on the quater mile track.The Chevy had a cold air intake, some sorta exhaust and was at least a 06-07. He was pulling faster times than me, untill I pulled up be side him and roasted him by like a second.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I am just watching this tread (because it will be deleted soon)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Gee, this thread is still here! I laugh at the fools who don't realize how fast our Tundras are. Even the tacos are pretty quick!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine's supercharged... but people don't know it till they hear it ;)

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I don't usually race unless there is more powerful beast on a road like Denali or Tundra 5.7 (that way they can see my beat up truck passing them with ease)

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Don't ask how I know, but a stock 03 Tundra can kill a chevy z71 (I think it was an 03) stoplight to stoplight, 3 times in a row, with the silverado drivers girlfriend in his truck. This would have to have been before the 33's, if it ever did happen.:heh:

Also, with the 33's, an 03 Tundra with nothing but a spintech muffler has killed my brothers 07 Sierra(on 35's) over and over, but don't ask how I know these things. :spy:

·
Registered
544 Posts
yup a dude in his 03-04 chevy was in back of me at an intersection... cuts me off and then floors it hard. I went on the next lane and I decided hey why cant I show mine off? lol...

I floored it and my neck smacked back like usual:D and I saw him barely in back of me at about 20mph then after the vvti kicked in at 3700rpms and I was around 2 car lengths away... And I slowed then a bit then just cruised, next stop he looked at me and nodded.... maybe disapointed that his bowtie couldn't keep up?:first:

·
Registered
722 Posts
When I had my 06 DC, 'somebody's daddy' pulled up beside me in a lane that ends,in a V8 Explorer. His reaction-time was as good as mine......but his Explorer wasn't up to the task.Very seldom am I messed with in my 2010 DC,don't know if it's the Corsa exaust tips, NRA stickers and tag-frame or the 5.7 V8 badge:p

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I've raced VortecMax, Denali, Hemi, Titan (and all of them lost). I am trying to race Harley/Rouch or Lightning and see how I am going to stay with them, also there is red SRT10 around here, would be curious to see them run against me.

EDIT: forgot to mention about Modded Diesel Silverado lost also.

I have very similar set-up

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was doodling along in my '05 DC. ~60 in a 55. Secondary, 2 lane highway. Some guy in 4X4 Chevy w/Silverado trim came up fast and began tailgating me. He could not get around safely due to oncoming traffic, but he seemed to like to stay just off my rear bumper.

We came to a long uphill with a passing lane. He swung into the passing lane and for some reason, I squished the pedal to the floor just has he came up beside me. I heard his engine roar as his tranny downshifted. He tried to keep up, but I just walked away from him.

I slowed down after a 1/2 mile or so, and he flashed by.

But I had made my point.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I beat a Galardo today......

·
Registered
431 Posts
...NRA stickers and tag-frame or the 5.7 V8 badge:p
does it all the time man, haha
the other one i have is a black outline pic of an m16 / m4 on a white sticker with the words "come and take it":D

·
Registered
655 Posts
my best um ah road test "he he he" was with a mustang gt 06 or 07 "who cares,its a ford" but this guy had a smokin hot chick with him,she must like lifted trucks cuz she was lookin mine up and down,i wish i could say she was lookin me up and down,but i have 4% tint all the way around,and 25% on the windshield.lol,but anyways.he starts lunging forward,and reving up,so when the light turned green "how can i say this with out being race related,lol" lets just say i was at the next red light sitting there with my window down,and a huge smile on my face!!that was a great day.keep in mind i have 35" tires,and a 4x4 dcab.so only imagine what you stock guys can do,and super charged members,those are INSANE!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was doodling along in my '05 DC. ~60 in a 55. Secondary, 2 lane highway. Some guy in 4X4 Chevy w/Silverado trim came up fast and began tailgating me. He could not get around safely due to oncoming traffic, but he seemed to like to stay just off my rear bumper.

We came to a long uphill with a passing lane. He swung into the passing lane and for some reason, I squished the pedal to the floor just has he came up beside me. I heard his engine roar as his tranny downshifted. He tried to keep up, but I just walked away from him.

I slowed down after a 1/2 mile or so, and he flashed by.

But I had made my point.
That's not even worth replying to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
me and my wife were headed to the closest city (about 100 miles away) to do some christmas shopping early. Less than halfway there we got behind an 07 up chevy 3/4 ton duramax running about 50 in a 55 which was too slow for me, so I passed him. No big deal. After going through 10 miles of fog we got behind a tractor that we and a line of cars behind us had to follow. After the fog cleared to were I could see I pulled out and passed him. I had gotten to about my normal speed 65 or so and noticed this white duramax screaming past the line of cars and tractor. I figured he might get behind me since he was only running 50 before but nope I saw he was wanting to pass me too. I thought heck no you ain't gettin in front of me and slowing down to 50 again so I punched the ol 06 d-cab. Really didn't think I could keep him back but the closest he got was my back bumper. His must have shut down about 95 or else he could have passed me when mine shut down at 105 or so. Of course after my wife warned me about the state troopers on this road I slowed back down to about 70, and the road just got to curvy. After he rode my bumper for a few miles the passing lane finally came and I let him go on by since he was in such a big hurry all of a sudden. He gave me the bird and then like I figured I got behind him again before the interstate. I was so proud of my Tundra 271hp against 365hp duramax.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts