Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok nice people, I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V-8 w/ 180,000 miles on it. The truck has run amazingly well since the day I bought it (watched them roll it off the delivery truck at the dealership and had 2.3 miles on it when I took ownership.

Since it's an interference engine, I've changed the timing belt every 60k miles (until recently, where this time I'll run it to 200k b/c they have now started lining the belts with Kevlar), changed out the water pump at 120k miles, change oil/rotate tires every 5k miles faithfully and have never had a problem with this truck. However, my 18-year old, who started driving it a couple of years ago, started complaining that it takes a very long time for the cab to warm up, even after the engine block has warmed up.

I have been told it could be the thermostat, it could be the heater core has gotten clogged, or a couple of other potential issues.

Question(s):
1. What would be the easiest way to troubleshoot/find out what the issue actually is? Of course, that does not include: take it to the dealership.
2. Has anyone out there with a similar make/model of auto run into the same issues? If so, how did you resolve the problem?

Thx in advance for any feedback

1 - 1 of 1 Posts