Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How has anyone else tied to the brake switch wire? I can't even see the wires on the switch much less get my hands near there. Do you need to take the dash apart? The rest of the install has been going good.
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just did a brake controller install on mine a couple of weeks ago. It helps to take the lower dash panel off, but if you're a contortionist, you shouldn't need to. :D Take a look at the pics in my album. The lower panel is held on by four bolts, all readily accessible with an extension on your ratchet, and the whole thing comes straight out toward the seat, not down. There are a few plastic clips along the top of the piece that keep it tight against the upper panel, so be careful. I unhooked the hood release cable from mine and took it inside to drill a hole for the controller wires. While it was off, I laid on my back in the floorboard and found the brake light switch on the pedal. I used an electronic multi-meter to find the right wire (the green and white one), unhooked the harness, and put a crimp-on splice on that wire. It was easy to do, but hard to see, so take your time and make sure. Double-check the wire, too. Anyway, you just plug the harness back into the switch and you're good to go! :tu: Try searching the towing forum a little more, because I found a write-up that really helped me, and I have made some other posts about the install too. I hope this helps and like I said, take a look at my pics for the location of the controller. It fits like a glove, and it is way out of my way - and I'm 6'03". :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I found your original posting after some more Googling. The lower panel is what was giving me trouble. Good write up.
John

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks, and if you need any more help (what little I can give), PM me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts