Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 access cab 4x4 has about 130k on it and the yellow/blue original bilsteins are still on it... I am 'mostly' highway with it, occasional hunting and dirt washboard roads...
What is a fairly soft shock that is good for everyday driving, not too soft yet not bone rattling stiff?
The same oem bilsteins? or ?
Thanks..

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I replaced my original TRD Yellow/Blue Bilsteins on my 2000 with 200K with HD Bilsteins in the rear and the 5100's in the front they are a nice combination for my Truck with a 700lb FourWheel Camper in the rear. To tell you the truth my original shocks were in perfect shape and still held pressure and showed no signs of leaking so with only 130k on yours I bet they are still fine

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2002 access cab 4x4 has about 130k on it and the yellow/blue original bilsteins are still on it... I am 'mostly' highway with it, occasional hunting and dirt washboard roads...
What is a fairly soft shock that is good for everyday driving, not too soft yet not bone rattling stiff?
The same oem bilsteins? or ?
Thanks..
I own a 2006 Tundra double cab 2wd with 93k miles, last weekend I installed a set of Bilstien 5100 series on it. I put the front shock height ring at the 3rd position and the ride is absolutely amazing. The instructions show at 3rd ring setting to get a 1.25" lift but I got between 2-3" of lift. Truck looks better and the ride quality is excellent!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts