Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about replacing the front bumper (chrome) on my Tundra due to rust. Do you think after 19 years it will be very hard to remove? I've never removed a bumper before, especially one that could have some very frozen bolts.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I changed my rear bumper out on my 05 when I had it and I always rust proof my vehicles. Even then I had a few bolts that took some extra grunt. If your thinking about removing your bumper because its rusty I bet it will be a bastard. You can always start trying now though. Hit some bolts with WD or PB Blaster and let it soak in for a few days then try loosening those bolts. That will give you a good idea of what your in for.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you have an impact gun it would be easier for sure but if you are replacing it because of rust the underside will be 1000% worse than the bright side

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I do have an impact gun and PB Blaster. Maybe when the warmer weather is here I'll give it a shot. My luck I'll sheer off a bolt or 2 and then have to bring it somewhere to have them fix it :cautious:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
At least if your waiting for warmer weather you can start hitting it now with PB and give it a chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts