Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone point me to this class action?

Apparently this was the subject of a class action which I never received notice of:

2002 Toyota Highlander Consumer Complaints and Car Reports, Ratings and User Comments

CONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10328086
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE
Details: MY 2002 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER V6 BROKE DOWN ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. I HAD IT TOWED TO THE TOYOTA DEALERSHIP WHERE THEY INFORMED ME THAT OIL SLUDGE HAS CLOGGED MY ENGINE AND I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE IT REPLACED TO THE TUNE OF $6000. I WAS SHOCKED BECAUSE I ALWAYS GOT MY OIL CHANGED WELL BEFORE THE SUGGESTED 7500 MILE MARK. I DID SOME RESEARCH ONLINE AND FOUND OUT MY CAR WAS PART OF A RECALL AND CLASS ACTION SUIT. THEY NEVER SENT A RECALL NOTICE. WE PURCHASED THE CAR WHEN IT WAS 2 YEARS OLD. I CONTACTED TOYOTA USA AND THEY CONFIRMED THAT IT WAS OIL SLUDGE BUT SINCE A WAS A COUPLE MONTHS BEYOND THE CLASS ACTION SUIT OF 8 YEARS. I ARGUED THAT THEY NEVER SENT US A RECALL NOTICE. THEY PRETTY MUCH SAID TOUGH LUCK. I WAS LUCKY I WAS ABLE TO GET MY CAR TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD SAFELY ( MY 5 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WAS IN THE BACK). I DONT FEEL TOYOTA MADE ENOUGH OF AN EFFORT TO LET THE CUSTOMER KNOW OF THESE ISSUES.. I FEEL THEY WERE INTERESTED IN PROTECTING THEIR REPUTATION ABOVE THEIR CUSTOMERS SAFETY. I WOULD HAVE CERTAINLY GOTTEN THE CAR FIX IF THEY HAD SENT THE RECALL NOTICE. I WILL NOT PAY $6000 FOR SOMETHING THAT TOYOTA SHOULD. THESE CARS ARE DANGEROUS AND THIS COMPANY IS WRECK-LESS. *TR
Occurrences: 1 Injuries: 0 Fail Date: 04/18/2010 Deaths: 0 Date added to database: 4/29/2010

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found this @ NHTSA:

Report Date : March 23, 2011 at 12:59 PM
Search Type : VEHICLE
Year : 2002
Make : TOYOTA
Model : HIGHLANDER

Results : 1 | All records displayed
Make : TOYOTA Model : HIGHLANDER Year : 2002
Manufacturer : TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION
Service Bulletin Number : TC02002 Date of Bulletin : JAN 30, 2002
NHTSA Item Number : 628696
Component : ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE:GASOLINE
Summary :
SPECIAL POLICY ADJUSTMENT REGARDING VEHICLES EXPERIENCING ENGINE OIL GELLING OR SLUDGE. *TT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts