Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this vehicle a few months ago with 200k on the odometer. I have replaced the following: plugs, coils, MAF, air filter, EGR valve and all O2 sensors. It has run well for a few thousand miles now. Thursday of this week, I was trying to pass someone and lost power and got a cel that indicated the MAF had a problem. Cleared that and it was fine. Later in the day at a stop sign, I had another cel that showed running rich on both banks. Once again, no recurrence after I cleared it. Went to drive it today and it started running rough intermittently as soon as I started it up. The cel came on a few times while I had it running, but didn't correspond exactly to it running rough. It didn't stay on, it was a misfire on #3. Running rough didn't seem to be related to rpm's either. Drove it about half a mile and it did the same as when parked.
I have had issues with the fuel gauge not reading correctly and have used fuel system cleaner in the last couple thousand miles. I only run Shell gas and filled up my Camaro with the same gas from the same station one day apart. Camaro not having problems.
It is almost time for a new water pump and timing belt.
Has anyone else had or seen a similar issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try replacing injector on 3, or you can move #3 injector to a different location and see if the code moves with it. Same thing happened to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@NOROTOR it ended up being a bad ignition coil. Replaced that one and now another one is going bad. I had bought a set of duralast coils from auto zone just as part of preventive maintenance when I bought it back in the summer. I'm going to return them and get a set of densos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts