Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A full tank of gas in my '02 Sequoia always showed around 370 miles range on the overhead mileage/distance display. Recently, the display is showing only a range of 323 - 325 miles when the tank is filled. I have disconnected the battery to flush whatever memory might be stored but the reading is still showing this reduced range. For a tank holding 26 gallons, and the overhead display showing an average 15 MPG, then a fill-up should show a range of 390 miles. Has anyone had any experience with this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
What is your actual mileage - miles driven divided by gallons pumped? How does this compare to what the overhead is showing you? Have you changed tires recently? Any maintenance or modifications done recently?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Highwaylizard, Thanks for the response. I am on one of those long trips and just checked in with the Forum. To answer your questions: My mileage, based on gallons pumped and miles driven, seems to have not changed. There has been no recent tire change; new Perillis for over 10 months. This confusion started during may last 1400 mile roundtrip. Midway, due for an oil change, I changed my synthetic oil myself, not changing the filter. At the next fill-up, the overhead data read 325 instead of the usual 368 or 370. And the Avg. MPG remains 15. Am confused. Another bother is that the gear selector light is out on the D. I hope it's just a bulb. I'm at 135,500 miles and want to get up to your number. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts