Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 toyota sequoia and I did a front lift with bilstein 5100 with OME 2884. While doing the job I also changed out the lbj and sway bar links. I have the rears to change out as well but haven't gotten to them yet (same set up as the front). After finishing the front, I put the tires (stock) and went on a test drive. I noticed that the traction control light would flash when I made slow turns or when I stop and go on a stop sign. Ever now and then it would engage the abs.

I took off the abs sensor when I did the job, hoping to also change the upper ball joint, but decided not to since that was going to be a huge pain. I cleaned the sensor of any metal shavings/debrief and the inside of the sensor housing. That didn't help out, the traction control light would still flash.

Check with a scanner, no codes shown. I'm scared to take it on a highway in this state.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
You changed the geometry of your suspension so all sensors that read off that geometry are screwed up. See the search window about your thread? Type in zero point calibration and read some of the threads that come up.

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x4
158 Posts
If there were any codes that came up, I would have suspected a broken tone ring. The zero point calibration is a good guess. I would also suspect those ABS sensor wires as well. If you don't know how old those sensor are, and sometimes just tweaking old wires will break them leading to intermittent LoS. Just something to keep in mind if the TRAC light keeps coming on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts