Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased this 2002 4WD V8 SR5 Regular Cab as a CPO vehicle.
The first picture is from the day I drove it home,

I quickly had the bed Line-X'd and installed a LEER cap.

Yesterday I removed the cap and returned it for warranty repair...
This is the first time in 16 years I have driven the truck without a cap.

Long live the regular cab.

BTW, the Thunder Grey Metallic paint is original - it just looks different depending on the lighting.

·
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Mods include the anytime fog light mod, a 6-disc changer with amp, Wet Oakole covers, 2005 taillights & alloys, JBA short tube headers, TRW front coil springs, TRD/Kazuma LSD, and a Hellwig rear sway bar. She is about to hit 165k.

·
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have the same truck. Which of the two toppers do you like best?
I like the high top best because it's my work truck, for that reason the brand new cab height cap is up for sale... I will replace it with a new A.R.E. DCU 36" high wedge design cap with radius sliding windows on the sides, a picture window up front and twin swing out doors with windows on the back. It's light grey but not color matched, and I should have it in about 4 weeks.

·
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the ARE cap installed, and the heavy rains we were receiving at the time revealed a leak. I contacted the retailer and negotiated a solution, they sealed up the seams with silicone and sprayed the roof with Line-X. No leaks now!

Speaking of leaks, the JBA short tube headers that I purchased via a group buy on this forum in '03 / '04 may have developed a leak. It could be the manifold gasket that is failing, I will investigate further later this Spring.

Other than that, this truck continues to amaze me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the high top best because it's my work truck, for that reason the brand new cab height cap is up for sale... I will replace it with a new A.R.E. DCU 36" high wedge design cap with radius sliding windows on the sides, a picture window up front and twin swing out doors with windows on the back. It's light grey but not color matched, and I should have it in about 4 weeks. View attachment 151209
Just had this thread pop up in my email. I’m the guy who wrote saying we have the same 2002 truck (except mine is Silver Sky). Looks like your topper for sale would be a good match. Do you still have it? Are you still @ 500? I’m in central NC.
Thanks!

·
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just had this thread pop up in my email. I’m the guy who wrote saying we have the same 2002 truck (except mine is Silver Sky). Looks like your topper for sale would be a good match. Do you still have it? Are you still @ 500? I’m in central NC.
Thanks!
Still available ... I sent you a message.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts