Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me paranoid but I just found out the build date for my Tundra from the toyota sales person. It's on a Friday!!! Does anyone think there is any merit to the troubled trucks being built on a Friday???????

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hi Paranoid.

I haven't seen any *proof* one way or the other. Yes, they're built in the mid-west (Indiana), but remember, they're also built at a Toyota plant, which normally means at least a smidgen of better quality.

I'd rest assured that your truck will be just fine, regardless of what day of the week it is built. Besides, with a build date, isn't that just the finish date? It was probably built the day before, and then finished on Friday (right before knocking off for a few brews!)

EDJ

·
Registered
22 Posts
How long have you bee waiting? I have been waiting since the 14th of January and thus far there is no word on my truck. How long before you heard the build date did you order the truck?

I want my truck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The dealer is in conntact w/ the factory via a computer generated print sheet. The dealer should have a schedule of where your truck is, and when they should get it. When i was looking for a certian rig, the salesperson pulled out a stack of 70's looking ticker tape sheets filled w/ codes and junk. He was telling me what trucks were ordered w/ the colors, the options, and the model type. And the dates of arrival. So it may be possible to ask your salesperson to look at these sheets to tell you where your rig is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My guy who is selling me the truck doesnt know at all. Maybe he can check and just hasnt thought about that but I dont think that fits him. Can everyone do this? Just kind of odd that its not been mentioned to me.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
First of all, Congratulations on the new Tundra.

Dude.... you're soundin' like a nervous expectant father awaitin' the birth of his first child!!

You ordered from a reputable dealer...worked with a salesperson...and probably received an estimated delivery date, which in my experience has always been 3-4 months. I know you might think along the way..."hope they didn't forget me"..."did somebody else's get ahead of mine"...."dang, maybe if I bug 'em , it'll get here quicker"..

Hey, just let the excitement build on its own by planning now on how you're going to do things like detailing, mods and ideas you pick up from this great site.

I volunteer to be a part of the support group in this thread by hangin' with you until that new beauty arrives. In the meantime, don't keep trying to open that oven door....just plan on how you're going to baby that badazz rig!!

Hang in there

John

BTW....check out my "order date" on my BORLA's below. I'm "anxiously" awaiting too for that bad boy catback!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered my baby on the 17th of January and the expected due date was the 18th of this Month. After talking with the salesperson she said that it should be here by the fist week of March. This is my first NEW vehicle and to be quite honest with I've been on cloud nine since I ordered it. People at work ask what's gotten into me and all I can say is TUNDRA TRD. I've notice my productivity at work has dropped of since I find myself daydreaming about future mods and taking long drives in the backcountry.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I also had the same problem. I was waiting for about a month just thinking about when the truck would come in. The dealer gave me different dates everytime I called. I actually orderd mine from a dealer about 115 miles from where I live. All others didnt have the one I wanted. One long month I waited and a couple days before my Birthday I got the call!! Called in sick for work the next few days and was down there a few hours after the call. All I can say it was worth the wait. I'm very much satisfied with the purchase and already have done a few mods.

You'll be one HAPPY person when you sit in the Truck you've been waiting for.

H.H.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That 'Friday build thing' was probably true back in the seventies but, now plants are so automated with robotics that the old saying doesn't apply anymore.

Just hope that the assemblyline doesn't have a delay. That would mean your truck wouldn't get built til Saturday and everybody knows that the robots goof off on Saturday!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you hop into my head and take my words? Thats exactly like me. Lets just say I havn't gotten much studying done in the past few weeks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
As for the Friday build issue, I work for John Deere tractor works, and I know I do some crappy work on Fridays. We send out over 8 $100,000 machines a day from start to finish, and I wouldn't want to buy one built on Fridays, I would expect better from Toyota though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
waser, too bad man, I hear they forget to put engines in sometimes, windshields, tires and rims on Fridays. Cool it man its a Toyota and I would't worry about it bit. They catch those errors on the final inspection anyway. You will love the truck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All I can say is that I'm happier than a hog in a mud pile. I Just got home from picking up my New 2002 4x4 ext cab TRD Tundra with the following options: Anti lock brakes, All weather guard pkg, Dlx stereo, Limited slip diff, convenience package, TRD, towing pkg.

I drove it home in about 3" of fresh snow on top of ice covered roads and all I can say is WOW? The limited slip on the Tundras is incredible. I went up a steep incline and this truck gripped like no tomorrow. I am very pleased and can't wait to wake up tomorrow and drive it to work. The 6 week wait for my truck was truly worth it!

-waser

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealer said if I want a 2002 Tundra Limited 4x4, I have to order the Leather Package, no cloth bench seat. I prefer cloth. They're saying 90 to 120 days now on a new order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ran into the same thing regarding the bench seat so I ordered an SR5 with almost all the options that come with the limited but with the bench seat. Worked well for me. My order took six weeks. MSRP for my truck was 29,987 and I paid 26,479 - the $500 rebate. What dealership are you working with in WI?

-waser

·
Registered
525 Posts
don't worry about it.... i had no bad luck and mine was built on a friday

1 - 20 of 26 Posts