Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least that is what i feel and everyone else in the family as well. However, i hooked up a gauge to the low pressure side and the pressure reading was dead perfect based on the ambiant air temperature.

Assuming that is true, what else could cause the system to cool, but not as well as before? In my humble opinion, i would say cooling is at least 25%-33% worse than before.

fyi, the ac system has never been serviced.

2002 toyota tundra v8.

·
7,925 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
i was having the same problem .. but i was blowing up radiators... so i got electric fans ... witch freed up some power removing the clutch fan... then i got a all aluminum mishimoto racing radiator to fix that problem and last nite i installed my true cool oil cooler system....hopfully everything will work out

·
7,925 Posts
i was having the same problem .. but i was blowing up radiators... so i got electric fans ... witch freed up some power removing the clutch fan... then i got a all aluminum mishimoto racing radiator to fix that problem and last nite i installed my true cool oil cooler system....hopfully everything will work out

Love the air box modification. Is that an oil filter? Got anymore pics of that?

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
low ref. charge, dirty condensor, dirty evaporator. I'd get it recharged and go from there.
yes i am talking about the a/c. the refrigerant level is fine. don't know how to check dirty condensor or dirty evaporator. can anyone explain how to check this?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
yes i am talking about the a/c. the refrigerant level is fine. don't know how to check dirty condensor or dirty evaporator. can anyone explain how to check this?
The condensor is mounted in front of the radiator. Check it for bent fins, squashed bugs, etc. The TSB mentioned above is probably the best place to start.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Check out the TSB on the temperature adjustment... my 02 had the same issue... quick fix, and super cold AC once again!
Where can this be found? I did a search, but must still be overlooking it......

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I believe they are talking about the cable stop adjustment. The temp control knob is attached to a cable that goes to the water blend valve on the engine compartment side of the firewall. The cable may not be adjusted properly and may be letting hot water through the blend valve even when the temp knob is turned all the way to the cold side. You can adjust the cable to shut off the hot water flow completely when the temp control knob is all the way to the cold setting.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I believe they are talking about the cable stop adjustment. The temp control knob is attached to a cable that goes to the water blend valve on the engine compartment side of the firewall. The cable may not be adjusted properly and may be letting hot water through the blend valve even when the temp knob is turned all the way to the cold side. You can adjust the cable to shut off the hot water flow completely when the temp control knob is all the way to the cold setting.
Ok gotcha.....man getting old sucks :D! Now that you said that, I remember checking at last summer :rolleyes:.......

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Would you guys happen to know the exact details on this or perhaps a copy of this TSB??? I need to figure out whats up with my AC. If its not on full blast the cabin doesnt stay cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts