Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum so I will try not to ask something that has been already reported on. I know there has been a lot written about the brakes causing the shuddering/vibration. I reviewed the section on the brakes and the fantastic writeup MEvang did. The one question I had is do I need to buy the drums from Toyota to ensure I get the newer drums or can I go to a Pepboys, Discount Auto, etc. for this purchase?

Thanks for ant assistance.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
First you ned to determine if the shuddering if coming from the rear or the from. You can do this by driving 30mph and push down on the E brake if its smooth, that is not where it is coming from but if it shudders that will confirm you suspisions. I did the front brake upgrade and left my drums stock and it is still working great. i would recommend asking toyota for the OEM parts but explain to them you would like the "heavier" brums. Hope i answered our question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying, yes have I isolated the shuddering to the rear brakes. Is there anyway to determine visually the difference in drums?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts