Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about selling my 2001 silver sky limited (loaded) with 20,000 miles on it and getting a 2003 limited (loaded). Do you think its worth it? What added features would I get other than the DVD?

Also, how much could I get for the 2001? - Is there a decent market for it or not?

thanks

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
DVD, 17" rims, Load Leveler. I'm sure other things but haven't looked into it. Don't know about cost/trade in value though. Are you looking for something specific that you can add to your '01?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
check out this thread:What's a sequoia worth?

also, check out KBB they've got a listing for it already. good luck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just looking to get a car that maybe some of the "bugs" had been worked out. Overall I am happy with the truck and all the options I currently have. I just thought that before I put anymore money into it with upgrades (ie DVD, Nav system, wheels, exhaust, etc.) , for maybe a little more money I could get a new and improved Sequoia.

What do you think? Would it be worth getting the brake problem (fading or pulsing) thing taken care of, and the VSC made less sensitive. I know people have been getting these things corrected on their 01 but at what seems like a great hassle. I am just wondering if it would be easier to just buy a new truck and have all the improvements already incorporated into the truck and have to worry if I got all them all.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i guess it all comes down to dollars and cents. if you're not going to take too much of a hit then upgrade to the '03. i love my '01 and wouldn't trade it just because there hasn't been any major changes on the '03 that would seem worth it for me, but then again, i don't have the problems that some have had w/ their sequoias. well, good luck w/ your decision! :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Ditto

I haven't had the problems that others have (I have original brakes at 42K miles) and the VSC thing doesn't affect me too much. I might ask about it next time I'm at the dealer but won't go out of my way for it. Like Simias said, it depends on cash flow too. Vehicles are money pits, you won't get out of it what you put into it. Whether it's an '01 or an '03. Do regular maintenance on your '01 and you should be good. I'd keep the '01.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2001 SR5 with 35,000 miles on it. I love my VSC quirky truck!!

I have encountered major problems towing our trailer of quads in the mountains on dirt roads - nothing like sliding backwards downhill towards the edge of a cliff because the *@"$ computer is preventing you from accelerating to get up a muddy hill. (we finally unhitched the trailer, rode the quads up and then reloaded at the top)

One of the mechanics at my local dealer finally encountered the same problems I had while backing his boat into his yard. (we are in FLA and it can get spongy after the rain).

Anyhow, my dealer got me a new VSC computer (MUCH better, it doesn't even decelerate the vehicle when I am pulling out on uneven pavement anymore) and the mechanic gave me the fuse number to pull in the event I need to.

I hope this helps you if this is the only item you are concerned about.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so whats the best way for me to get the VSC computer replaced? - I too love my truck --- Thanks to all who responded - I am going to keep my money pit. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts