Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add an OEM navigation system to my 03 Sequoia. I've done some research and have a couple of quesitons that some of you may be able to help me with. My Sequoia has the JBL system. I have heard that in 2003 this was an "analog" system and in 2004 it went to "digital". I know I can install an E7001, or E7003 (2004 Camry) model Nav. system but the question I have is for the E7006 (2006 Camry). Do you know if I can add this system to my Sequoia (plug and play) or does it require a "digital" JBL system to work? I would really like to install an E7009 with bluetooth but I hear they will not work with a 2003 Sequoia with JBL. I've been told you cannot hear anything due to the analog JBL system. Does anyone out there have any suggestions or know any more about this? Have any of you installed an OEM Nav system in a 03 Sequioa and have some advise?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I want to add an OEM navigation system to my 03 Sequoia. I've done some research and have a couple of quesitons that some of you may be able to help me with. My Sequoia has the JBL system. I have heard that in 2003 this was an "analog" system and in 2004 it went to "digital". I know I can install an E7001, or E7003 (2004 Camry) model Nav. system but the question I have is for the E7006 (2006 Camry). Do you know if I can add this system to my Sequoia (plug and play) or does it require a "digital" JBL system to work? I would really like to install an E7009 with bluetooth but I hear they will not work with a 2003 Sequoia with JBL. I've been told you cannot hear anything due to the analog JBL system. Does anyone out there have any suggestions or know any more about this? Have any of you installed an OEM Nav system in a 03 Sequioa and have some advise?

Thanks
My advise is to go with a PIONEER Nav. Unit. Pioneer is MUCH better then even the newest OEM Nav. Unit, It's cheeper and had MANY more bells and whistles includeing blue tooth and a built in hard drive. Pioneer just came out with a factory replacement for a Sequoia to and the sound is ten times better then OEM. Why would anyone want to even bother with an over priced under performing OEM unit when you can get a Pioneer that will blow any stocl OEM away?? Just my opinion,Johnnnnnnny :D

·
Premium Member
695 Posts

Thanks

Here, Check this thread I started not to long ago.....http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/sequoia/89485-check-out-pioneers-new-navagation-unit/ Johnnnnny :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, new member, been lurking for awhile and deciced to join, great info on this site, it's been alot of help.

I found this great site for the pioneer nav systems. Has good info on tips and tweaks.

AVIC411.com

Dano

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts about the best portable GPS units? I'd hate to drop ~$2G on an installed unit and sell the Sequoia in a few years.

Thanks

Otis.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
well I think you need to replace your amp to a new JBL amp, and that is.
Confirm this info - best place is OEMVALUE.com
Well, from what I know you should able to use 4th GEN Nav no problems, but GEN 5 Nav System you will need digital Amp for sure (bluetooth, MP3 E7007-E7009)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts