Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 Sequoia and the original owners lived on a gravel road. The exterior is excellent for it's age and the interior is near perfect.
The problem is dust from the road has entered the cabin for years and the A/C duct work vents are dirty from the inside. It looks like this model does not have a cabin air filter.
All I can do is to roll down the windows and blow air in reverse thru the air vents in hopes the major dust will clean most of the loose dirt and dust out the inlet vents and get blown out the windows. I wish I could do this while driving down a paved road at 60 mph with the windows open.
Any one here had to clean dust that is blowing into the cabin area?.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The cabin circulation fan is located in the front passenger foot well. You can find YouTube videos to get into the housing (I think it's three screws). You may be able to stick a high pressure hose there and blow out your vents more easily. Also, maybe the cabin air recirculation door is stuck open? I live in Kansas and the wind is always blowing and covers my dash in dust after a few days anyway, so I can't tell you about "normal" dust accumulation. My truck was originally from Indiana and was full of dust and dog hair. It took me three days to vacuum out the carpets and ceiling. I also wiped down as many plastic panels I could get behind (dash, doors, cargo area).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts