Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 03 Sequoia (same interior as 04-06 DC tundra) that has a very irritating rattle that happens when driving between 1600 rpm and 2000 rpm. It sounds like a high pitched, tinny, almost audio feedback kind of sound. It seems to be coming from inside the dash behind the radio.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had a Honda pilot with a similar sound and it turned out replacing an o-ring in the power steering fixed it. I don't recall anything like that in these trucks, though. Perhaps someone else will give some input. Did you give the dash a hard smack?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a Honda pilot with a similar sound and it turned out replacing an o-ring in the power steering fixed it. I don't recall anything like that in these trucks, though. Perhaps someone else will give some input. Did you give the dash a hard smack?
Tried smacking the dash a bit, and I took everything out of the glove compartment and center console but that didn't work :/

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
53 Posts
Checks the heat shields on the cats? Mine lost the screws and rattle on hard acceleration up hill only

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you have an after-market radio, someone might have been inside the dashboard and dislodged something. It's pretty easy to check to see. When I replaced mine, I didn't do a good job managing wires and had to go back in with zip ties and re-secure the wiring to fix some buzzing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've got an 03 Sequoia (same interior as 04-06 DC tundra) that has a very irritating rattle that happens when driving between 1600 rpm and 2000 rpm. It sounds like a high pitched, tinny, almost audio feedback kind of sound. It seems to be coming from inside the dash behind the radio.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy
Had an irritating rattle a little while back on my 07. Ended up coming from the glove box area. I unhinged the glove box door to access the lower portion to the passenger air bag. If I remember right there is a bronze color bolt that is something like 12-14mm....that was loose and solved the rattle. Might be one if those bolts being loose to the airbag module.

Thriller

1 - 6 of 6 Posts