Toyota Tundra Forums banner

2003 Sequoia front door latch

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  BWare 
#1 ·
There have been a lot of post about Sequoia latches, but I think this one is new...

The cable broke from my interior driver door handle to the latch assembly.

So far I've got everything disconnected that I need to (I think); Door panel is off, interior door handle off, rods to the exterior handle is off, electrics disconnected.

What I can't figure out is if the door latch assembly is supposed to be able to come out without taking out the window and window run? The latch assembly straddles the window run, and I can't seem to coax it out.

Any help?

#4 ·
We broke the lever off our interior front door latch the other day. I went to Toyota today and got the $32 assembly. I figured it couldn't be too hard to replace. After about 15 minutes trying to get the old one out, I figured I'd come to this website (like I've done so many times before...) and see if anyone else had done this or had posted a how-to. Sure enough I find this thread in 5 seconds and in less than a minute I have the parts of the manual I need printed out. Beautiful. This is such a great resource!

T
2003 Sequoia
2002 Tundra SR5 TRD
1976 Celica GT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.