Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
I'm new to the forum and had a few questions. I'm looking at buying a 2003 Tundra SR5 Accesscab V6 truck. It has 79K miles and is 2 wheel drive. It is in very good to excellent condition. The owner is asking $12,500 for it, is this a good price? What is the going price for this truck? And not to start another V6 vs. V8 battle, but is the V6 a good motor for everyday back/forth to work and occasional hauling? Thank you for all your help!!!

Kind Regards,
Kirk

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought an 01 V6 Longbed work truck with 10k miles in January and I really like it.
I use it for electronics contracting work and I also tow a small Fiberglass travel trailer.

I could use more power when towing uphill but it is generally very capable and very well behaved. It does the job but is no speed demon while towing. Of course that is probably a good thing!

I have nothing but good to say about these Tundras in general.

I paid $9000.00 for mine.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have not been on the site in a long time But I saw your question. I bought a new 02 Tundra V6, but sold it after 2 years because it constantly ruined front tires. They would cup within 1000 miles. Two dealers in Richmond, VA claimed it was caused by my own various mistakes, including having an aluminum toolbox on the back and using a TrakRak sliding overhead rack. I suppose you should not carry over 200 lbs.:confused: I rotated tires and tried various reccomended tire pressures, and the same thing happened over and over. Anyway, I quit Toyotas after dealing with the holier than thou service and poor quality. I never bitched in this forum before, but that was my experience.

It was the best sized truck on the market and had the best safety record at that time. I buy new trucks so I don't have to waste time in the shop. I suppose all trucks can have some problems, but at least the Ford dealership will stand by their F"ugly"150 warranty.............

New trucks are pretty inexpensive these days compared to the prices of used ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts