Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Sequoia Limited, and am seeking advice as to increase the truck's gas mileage. I have already installed a k&n cai but it doesn't do much except for .5 mpg here and there. Any advice would be helpful.

Also, I want to give the truck a lift with some bigger all-terrain tires to get rid of the wheel well space, along with a brush-guard and an exhaust kit. Any suggestions for these would be appreciated also.

·
Registered
102 Posts
JBA headers
Spintech muffler IMO
Replace stock radiator fan with electric fan
Unichip
BFG mud- terrains
Enough to get you started, I've been able to get around 5-6 mpg better with just CAI and spintech muffler installed, that is when I don't floor it everywhere showing it off:)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a 2004 Sequoia Limited, and am seeking advice as to increase the truck's gas mileage. I have already installed a k&n cai but it doesn't do much except for .5 mpg here and there. Any advice would be helpful.

Also, I want to give the truck a lift with some bigger all-terrain tires to get rid of the wheel well space, along with a brush-guard and an exhaust kit. Any suggestions for these would be appreciated also.
I seriously doubt the k&n helps fuel mileage at all. Aftermarket cai's are designed to allow more airflow to the engine and more air=more fuel needed for proper combustion. Anyone care to elaborate on how a cai would increase mpg's then?

And you wanting to lift the truck and add bigger tires totally negates what you are hoping to accomplish regarding fuel mileage. Think more wind resistance and rotational mass. If fuel mileage is your concern, then you should seriously reconsider these modifications.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Despite the loss of mpg from the lift and tires, I still want to for the looks. As to the cai, I've heard that in order to get it to work at it's best you have to get your car dyno tested or at least have the engine computer's fuel air ratio modified

·
Registered
295 Posts
you want better gas mileage? buy a Tercel...seriously, bigger tires and a lift will decrease your gas mileage....and so will a CAI b/c you wont be able to keep yr foot out of the throttle, it sounds good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want to improve your fuel economy you should maintain your truck on regular basis. By taking care of your car you can improve truck’s mileage easily. Here are some tips on improving fuel economy just read them out and help yourself. By reading these tips you can even help your friends on their vehicle problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts