Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to forum and have a few questions.
I purchased my Sequoia in January with 48000 miles.
I have 53000 miles. The car had been dealer serviced by previous owner. I am a maintenance fanatic and do most light work myself with oem parts.. My wife was driving truck today and VSC LIGHTS CAME ON.as well as CEL. I hooked up reader and got a P0331 which according to my research is a knock sensor. It is strange that they all came on at once.
Is it a coincidence? Where is knock sensor located? I contacted toyota today since my truck was built in 2003 I had reasearched the recall and made a stink about it. The lady did start a case number and said I may get a recall letter in future.
Is truck safe to drive with these lights on?? I also noticed a lot of rust on frame so any suggestions on that would be appreciated. I plan on keeping truck for many years and chassis rust is pretty bad for a 6 year old truck. Thanks in advance

·
Banned
2 Posts
yha toyotas are stupid like that... even though the knock sensor is for ajustign the timing of your motor the vsc light comes on with the check engine light... how traction control is linked to engine knock is beyond me... but yha others on the forum said that the cel and vsc light came on when they unhooked their mass airflow sensor... also stupid toyota logic lol now do you see why they have run away cars? maybe they got low on winshield washer fluid and the ecu gunned the motor lol.... also make sure you had the BALL JOINT RECALL done or you might loose a wheel... sell ur car and buy a range rover :):beavbutt:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts