Toyota Tundra Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts

Could it be the rear wheel bearings??:unsure:
Rear bearings are a wear item on these trucks. I replaced mine a few years back. I made a thread on here with some details awhile back. It made a significant difference in driving quality, although much of the noise and vibration was at higher speeds. We couldn't really drive above 70 without pretty significant shaking. The exception was on concrete highways. For some reason, I could do 80 there and the vibration wasn't an issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Rear bearings are a wear item on these trucks. I replaced mine a few years back. I made a thread on here with some details awhile back. It made a significant difference in driving quality, although much of the noise and vibration was at higher speeds. We couldn't really drive above 70 without pretty significant shaking. The exception was on concrete highways. For some reason, I could do 80 there and the vibration wasn't an issue.
I lifted the back axle and there was no play in the rear tires. Anything special I need to do in order to check rear bearings?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I lifted the back axle and there was no play in the rear tires. Anything special I need to do in order to check rear bearings?
I never felt any noticeable play in the wheel/tire I was able to see a tiny bit of play in the bearing once I had the axle assembly pulled out.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts