Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2004 Supercharger for my 2005 Tundra Access Cab 4x4 with 4.7L V-8. I was thinking the 2004 / 2005 motor was the same. After performing some additional research, I discovered that the 2005 / 2006 is the same motor not the 2004 / 2005. So, I am wondering if I can still get this SuperCharger to work on my Tundra. I am moving from the Washington DC area to Denver, Co. I know, as a Denver native, that the power loss from the altitude gain is considerable. I am hoping to use the SuperCharger to offset the Altitude difference. :cry:

Any ideas or direction would be helpful.

FYI -- 3% loss of power per 1000ft in Altitude. When I get upto 10,000 in the mountians, that is 30% loss.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
919 Posts
The vvti motors bottom end will not hold up, from what I here. Makes no sense, the vvti puts out more power, but has a weaker bottom end:td:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Here's the deal on the engines. The 00-04 is a non-VVTi 4.7. The 05-06 has VVTi. As far as I know, the engines are the same, except for the VVTi. The VVTi engines don't have a weaker bottom end than the previous engines, they should be the same. The reason the supercharger wasn't made for the VVTi engines is that the VVTi adjusts the intake valve timing to increase power when the computer senses it needs it. So adding the TRD supercharger to the VVTi engine could play havoc with the computer. Also there is no VVTi on the exhaust valves, so you could be letting too much air in (between the supercharger and the increased intake valve timing), and not getting exhaust gas out quickly enough, who knows?

Theres someone here on this board who specializes in blown 4.7s. He doesn't use the TRD supercharger, but he does have a blown VVTi 4.7.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok, I will be the first to say that if it doesn't fit how much you want because it would slap right on mine:devil: :tu: :tu:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts