Toyota Tundra Forums banner

2004 Toyota Truck Tundra 2WD 3.4L MFI DOHC 6cyl

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  5 Speed 
#1 ·
limp mode type power loss intermittently for years. now misfires recently took a long trip (8hrs) had a clogged cat years ago had clog removed. sounds like muffler is clogged a little now too. lots of vibration when idle. havent tested for codes yet. omw to do so now. any ideas?

from previous research on the limp mode power loss i was lead to believe it was a computer or throttle body level sensor not to be confused with throttle body position sensor. toyota wants 700 for the part and would have to order it. only ones i could fine were used with same issue

#2 ·
I have a 2000 V6 and my throttle body sensor went out and it threw almost generic codes. It would loose power when accelerating. The sensor is two screws and a plug. They are about 30 bucks or so. 198500-1061 2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 3.4L for my truck. I had a temperature sensor go out and the MAF sensor go not to long after. After replacing all three the truck runs like new. I have about 225K on the truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.