Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Tundra. Topped off gas tank on Friday. Drove 11 miles Sunday. Removed window tint,... went to start truck and it cranked. Cranked. And cranked. Nothing.
Called dealer and talked to the service guy (Toyota Dealer Serving Austin, San Antonio, New Braunfels and San Marcos | San Marcos Toyota | San Marcos, Tx) and had it towed. Went and paid 85.00 for a car rental. They called me about 3 hours later stating that the truck had no gas, and that the sending unit (to gas gauge) is bad, because they were stating it was empty. They stated that they added 5 gallons gas, and the gauge HAD to be broken, if not the sending unit. So I returned rental, and headed STRAIGHT to a gas station.
Now,... .985 gallons later added,... gasoline overflowed out of tank. WTH? So I called them back Toyota Dealer Serving Austin, San Antonio, New Braunfels and San Marcos | San Marcos Toyota | San Marcos, Tx (again) and then was told that maybe it's the fuel pump. Maybe it's the sending unit, or something.
What am I missing? I don't get it. I've sprayed a cleaner (CRC/Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner) because somebody stated "that'll do it!" But I cannot sit by, and let that be it. Something is WIERD!

James

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
it overflowed at the gas station because you already had a full tank so the pressure wouldn't build up in time to shut the pump off so it overflowed.

as to your problem, either the sending unit or the gauge. youll need to find the wire from the sending unit and see if its sending a signal. if it is then the gauge is prob bad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts