Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new here and have searched the forum a bit but don't see an exact match for my problem so I thought I would go ahead and ask. My 04 sometimes cranks for what to me seems a long time after sitting over night or for a several hours during the day. Once it's running it seems to be fine, no hesitation or rough running noticed. It's not consistent at this point but I was curious if anyone else had experienced this and had ideas on where the problem might be headed.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I've had my truck for just over a year and this has happened 3 or 4 times. I have no idea why. It happens at different ambient temps after sitting for anywhere from 4-8 hours. After I cycle the key, it starts right up and runs fine. I don't think it is anything to worry about.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
My 03 does this as well, it is very inconsistent. I have checked my battery and alternator, both checked out okay. It is probably nothing to worry about, but it always makes my spidey senses tingle thinking it's time for new battery soon. Mine has done it for about a year on and off, battery is two years old.
You could check out your battery posts and terminals, just to make sure they are clean, it never hurts.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My cold start routine is to turn the key on and let the fuel pump cycle, then start. Engine fires right up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts