Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2004 tundra double cab. Why is it when I use remote keyless entry back doors don't open? Don't the back doors seem really light?
If I have manual (cloth) seats, could I swap them out for leather seats if I found them at a junkyard? Or because they are probably all auto. No?
thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Push the remote button once for front doors and twice in 3? seconds for all doors. Don't know if the wiring would be there for the seats.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
I just got a 2004 tundra double cab. Why is it when I use remote keyless entry back doors don't open? Don't the back doors seem really light?
If I have manual (cloth) seats, could I swap them out for leather seats if I found them at a junkyard? Or because they are probably all auto. No?
thanks
1)Push the button twice in a row to unlock all 4???

2)Back doors seem light because they are slightly smaller???

3)You could probably swap them out, but the electrical connections would be a problem????

Welcome to TS!!!!!!!!! Post pics of your ride.... :cool:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Your best bet for getting cows in the cab is to have a kit installed. In fact, when the first GenIII Tundras got here, the Dealer couldn't get enough with leather, so he had them done locally.

They used Katzkin (Katzkin Leather Interiors), and I think they look better than the OEM.

Supposedly, their kits are pretty easy to install. The only 'special' tool you need is a pair of 'hogring' pliers.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi , usually on ebay they sell leather for your year and make, & model. for alot less than katzkin.
many shop's sell katzkin leather, and they do it right in the shop.
learn about leather & vinly leather feel, look alike, rub's, double rub's, etc.
it will last alot longer.
gorilla

1 - 5 of 5 Posts