Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, just got my front bumper repainted and the chrome strip shows its 16 years of age, I ordered a new one but was wondering if anyone has replaced them and what it entails...haven't found anything online or on YT to show how its done, any advice would be very much appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not much to it, some double sided tape and some snap clips. Fishing line for the tape and if you can reach up from the bottom to help with the clips.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks festerw, didn't know about the tape, that helps immensely(y)

Reactions: LGL002

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey folks, just got my front bumper repainted and the chrome strip shows its 16 years of age, I ordered a new one but was wondering if anyone has replaced them and what it entails...haven't found anything online or on YT to show how its done, any advice would be very much appreciated
Hey where did order the chrome strip? I need to get the lower side chrome stripe as mine dosent have one.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok here are some pix of the project, Toyota informed me theres actually 7 clips and they wanted $7/each for a tiny piece of plastic...no thanks...with some sore fingers and thumbs you can reach in and depress the locking tab and get them to pop out, all done by feel, you can't see inside there unless you have a flexible mirror, anyway, after a bit of struggle I did get them all out except one which broke, used a hairdryer to soften the epoxy double sided tape and it came right off, then just popped the old clips back in...relatively easy...and after 16 years she's brand new again :love:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts