Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 tundra double car (the first design based off of the sequoia) with the factory set fog light wiring harness. I was going to get a set of lights and install them but realized i have no idea how or when they'd turn on, since the models that have the fog lights already installed have a control setting on the turn signal lever. as far as i can tell the models that don't already have them have a different lever without the ring to turn the fog lights on or off. If i install a set of lights would they turn on automatically with the low beams? and if not can i/would i have to install a separate relay and switch for them?

·
Registered
445 Posts
look under hood in relay/fuse box & see if space for fog light relay & fuse has terminals waiting to be used, I know the AC's & DC cabs are worlds apart in wiring, however, my AC was prewired for fog lights so I installed the lights, relay, fuse & turn signal lever, all plug and play.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look under hood in relay/fuse box & see if space for fog light relay & fuse has terminals waiting to be used, I know the AC's & DC cabs are worlds apart in wiring, however, my AC was prewired for fog lights so I installed the lights, relay, fuse & turn signal lever, all plug and play.
Thanks a ton, ill check it out. In your case did you have to install the new signal lever in order for it to work or was that preference to be able to control it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts