Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second post today, what a great forum this is! Thank you so much for everyone that has helped. I have a new question.
Tires..Stock wheels...
I have been using Firestone Destination and they are ok. I pull a heavy trailer all the time. I have been wishing to find more of a truck tire, but it is hard in these sizes. I would love some general input on what everyone is using tire wish. I was thinking BF goodrich next time, i am looking for strong sidewalls, etc..

Also my wheel are peeling horribly, does anyone have any resources to point me towards somewhere to purchase so used original wheels, or any ideas. Due to my business, i can't dock the truck for a week or more to send the wheels out anywhere.
Thank You
Vince

·
Registered
135 Posts
Vince, A friend recommended Hercules Terra Trac tires. Went with a 6 ply truck tire LT275/65-16.That was 3 years ago and I am very happy with them. I pull my Barracuda around every where and is very stable while towing,the tires are also really good in the snow.

just my .02 worth. john

·
Registered
524 Posts
You didnt say which kind the firestone destination are, cant really go wrong if they are AT's. I would upgrade to a load range D tire if your pulling a trailer all the time-more load capacity and slightly stiffer ride.

Im not a fan of BFG at's, they sucked in snow and wet stuff and rain when I had them. Maybe just my luck or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts